We are in an interesting phase right now. The 'my kitchen is (almost) always spotless' phase. Don't hate there is a good reason. Usually doing the dishes is my most despised chore. I can load the dishwasher but the washing by hand stuff is not for me, I would rather do laundry or clean the bathroom. Everyone has some chore they really dislike that is mine, that and filling the car up with gas. I know that's weird, but that's me. While I really hate washing dishes by hand and yes I will let it sit for days a few odds and ends that is. But I also really dislike having a messy counter. What is one to do?
Right now, Dane's favorite thing to do is to help me unload the dishwasher first thing in the morning and he likes even more to help me wash dishes. So I let him, he stays occupied and is even a little helpful and I get the most annoying chore accomplished first thing in the morning. This happens many times throughout the day. So I take advantage, it is one of the few things where my 'little helper' is not counter productive, undoing everything I just did. And that folks is why my kitchen is almost spotless, most of the day, because we don't do anything else :o) The rest of the house is a different story, at least there is one area that is sparkling.


4 comments:
Our boys love to help with the dishes too! Dane looks so grown-up helping you! I think that picture of Caed is the cutest one yet! What a smiley sweetie pie!
That picture of Caed is so cuuute! What a sweet dishwasher you have!
I will load the dishwasher and even handwash dishes ALL-DAY, but please don't make me unload the dishwasher! Ridiculous I know:) Good thing I have big kids:)
What is it with boys and dishes? Tate also loves unloading the dishwasher. Although he also tries to unload it when the dishes are dirty.
I'm also lovin' that picture of Caed. Adorable!!
Oh, and the only time I saw your house, it was spotless, so I'll always have that image in my mind... If it makes you feel any better. ;) And seriously, you have two kids under 2. It would make the rest of us feel inadequate if your house was spotless.
That picture of Cade is adorable!!
Your kitchen looks beautiful! I'm opposite...I'd hand wash my dishes all day long if I could. It's my number 1 choice of chores. Weird?
Post a Comment