My brother-in-law's unit the 82nd Airborne from Fort Bragg was immediately deployed to Haiti last week. He is the chaplain for that unit and their family had just moved only weeks before to NC. After saying goodbye with his wife three days in a row, he finally left last Friday for Haiti. I keep trying to post this video of Jeff leading his unit in prayer but am having no luck. Here is the link.One of he and Andy's friends Matt and Pam McCormick live there as missionaries. Check out there blog Highway to Haiti to see things from their perspective. One particularly touching entry is made by Pam for the Beth Moore LPM blog. So challenging to read as I am sitting here in an ice storm with the power flickering complaining. Just to see her perspective 2 little boys 36 weeks pregnant here are a few of her thoughts:
" After all, I have a roof over my head, food to eat, clean water to drink, and…at the drop of a hat, I can get out of this mess and go back to the comfort of the US if I want to. If I offer them myself, I offer nothing. But if I offer them Jesus, I offer everything. For who better to understand their pain and suffering than He who endured the pain and suffering of the cross. Who better to comfort than the Father who watched his own son as he was crushed under the weight of the sins of mankind. Why He allowed it to happen? I don’t know. But in times like these, I can only cling to what I do know. And I know that He is good, and that His thoughts are higher than my thoughts, His ways higher than my ways."


No comments:
Post a Comment