Thursday, September 24, 2009

I've never noticed that before!

Apparently Dane just realized that I actually did spend some time and decorate his room. Every time we go in there now he is pointing at something new and smiling. Though our new routine is we have to say ni-night to the monster sitting on his shelf. He thinks that is pretty funny that we tell monster ni-night. So funny and entertaining in fact he won't lay his head down on my shoulder and snuggle for a minute before I lay him down. Bummer I just have to lay him down and he works the rest out on his own. Hopefully this passes and he finds time to snuggle with his mommy again since that is the only time he will sit still and let me hold him.

Andy called with some exciting news today. His managers at worked called him into their office and told him they wanted him to have the whole month of October off before he left for basic!! Meaning he will still get paid like we were planning and get to hang out with his family during the next several weeks. All they are asking so far is that he come in a couple times a week to check voice mail and email. That's pretty exciting stuff, actually it doesn't even seem possible, did I just dream this up? What a gift! Do you realize October starts one week from today? I thought we would have one last week together as he took the last week off before he left for the winter and now we have 4 1/2 weeks! I think I am still in shock.

Also today my dad is having the hole in his heart fixed with a minor operation. Pray everything goes smoothly.

3 comments:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

WOW! What an amazing blessing! I hope your October days are filled with fun, memory making outings!

Nic said...

That is so awesome! I'm so glad to hear you will get lots of quality family time in before Andy leaves!

I'll be praying for your dad - hope everything goes well!

...and I'm so glad you and Dane were able to stop by and see us at lunch the other day! It was a great surprise!

une autre mère said...

That is so great that you get to spend October with Andy! What a great workplace to think to do that for you guys. I hope you have some amazing times together as a family!

baby
baby