Monday, May 7, 2012

Thank you pinterest

..for all the awesome ideas I find, because I am just not that creative on my own.  Just a copycat.

Here are a few of my recently completed projects thanks to the creative minds out there.  
First up is this hydrangea wreath.  I had been on the lookout for the right spring wreath for my front door, since it was April and I still had my furry Christmas wreath hung up.  This one was inspired by one seen in the Pottery Barn Catalog  for $129.95.  I will say it cost me more than I like to spend even at 50% off fake flowers still add up, but it was way way cheaper than the $129.95.   I like the results so I guess it was worth it.  Click here for the tutorial.

getting started

finished project, though I would like to hang it lower using ribbon.
 I saw this next one on the Nate Berkus Show, my favorite nap time indulgence.  It seriously cost me pennies if you want to break down the actual cost.  But in actuality I spent 1 dollar on small paper bags at the Dollar Tree, and a glue stick I had on hand.  That's it, that's all it took for these fun paper flowers.  Think of possibilities if you were to use different colors for different seasons or occasions.  Like red poinsettia's at Christmas or pink and white for a baby shower....  Click here for the tutorial.

 And my last project also inspired by Pottery Barn was a moss covered monogram.  Here is a look at PB.
 
And here is mine.  Ok so maybe mine is a little brighter, maybe it's the lighting because it doesn't seem that bright in person.  I can't even decide where I want to put this beauty.  On the front door with the wreath, or maybe on the mantle, or maybe over top a piece of art hanging with a ribbon.  I can't decide but it's on the mantle for now.  Click on the link for this tutorial.

 And just in case you think I am really cool and a great imitator I totally got caught up in my excitement to get this done, I traced and cut out my 'F' backward.  Awesome huh?!  As I was cutting the first (backward) 'F' I was thinking about how I would have so much moss left over and of all the possibilities of things I could cover in moss, but alas all I was able to get were to F's cut out of the moss sheet I bought- not on sale :o(

2 comments:

une autre mère said...

I'm not sure how I missed this post, Jenn, but I love it! Such cool, fun ideas! I just may have to copy a few... :). Great work!!!

une autre mère said...

And, by the way, your title had me cracking up thinking of Jimmy Fallon's thank you notes. Is that what you were going for?

baby
baby