Sunday, March 2, 2008

Anything new?

Well, the weather really hasn't changed much. We did have a few warmer days this weekend. And I say warmer because 40-50 degrees is still pretty cold in my opinion. It is definitely better that freezing your fingers and nose off -10 degrees, but I wouldn't exactly call it a heat wave, but here in Iowa people think it is time to wear shorts and T-shirts. And it all of course is ending in .... another snow storm.
Why is it, I ask myself that I keep complaining about the weather, and then I realized that it really dictates what I do. You hardly feel like leaving the house some days and when you do go out it has to be to somewhere indoors, which isn't always bad, but it usually ends up being a trip to the mall, then I spend money. Not always bad either but I love the summer days when if you need to get out of the house you could step out and sit on the hammock or go for a walk, all with out spending a cent.
We did go rug shopping this weekend and purchased a new rug for our living room, using our ski trip money:o( A bummer about the ski trip, but maybe we will have a warm vacation one of these days in the near future! I took a picture for those of you who like the visuals, I know I personally do. So here is our new rug brought to you by Target. I am very pleased with it! The other one was too small and too blah in color. It really blended in and didn't have much of a contrast. So here it is... still neutral but I like the contrast.

And below I took a self timer pic of me sporting my new purse which I find is incredibly cute. It was handmade by one of my generous friends from HS, and you can see a close up shot of it here. I actually tried to incorporate both the rug and the purse in the same picture but I did not succeed with the lighting and that sort of thing, It's rough when you are limited to self timer.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

love the purse!

Anonymous said...

The rug looks great and you know I be lovin that purse!

elisa beeson said...

i must say that yes indeed that purse is too cute!

Alisa said...

Love both. And love it that you post photos. Love photos.

baby
baby