Wednesday, January 23, 2008

snow, snow and Antartica moves to Iowa

It's been a while since I have had time to blog. Nothing much exciting going on here but yet it seems like we have been running around busy until we drop into bed. It also doesn't help that I have a severe case of the winter blues which is killing any creativity I may have. So if it may interest you, this is what we have been up to.

The beginning of December my cousin Megan took us up on the offer to live in our upstairs, which was originally set up to be an apartment. At that point we decided to remodel the bathroom for her so she would have a working shower. It didn't take Andy long to jump in "fist" first for the demo job. Literally five minutes after we decided I heard all this banging around upstairs. "What are you doing?" I yelled. Of course he says"nothing." As you can see there was more than just nothing going on.


To make a long story short. Megan moved in last weekend. And the bathroom is still not done. Though we have been working furiously on it, we have been out of town about half of the weekends since we started the project, oh yeah, and Andy's truck has broken down about 3 times since, and some how a wire to my kitchen lights got cut so we had a dark kitchen for about a week and the subzero temps aren't helping one bit. They say when it rains it pours. She should have running water tomorrow. woohoo! Project almost done. Then I will have to post the after pics, which I think are going to look fantastic!!

Before

Let the demo begin

demo getting close to done

4 comments:

abbycharlton said...

I'm excited to see your bathroom! I'd offer RJ's help, but we've been really busy too. Did you see that we're coming to your Super bowl party? I'm really looking forward to it even though I don't like football. I just really like the parties!

elisa beeson said...

i've missed reading about your life! glad to see you got some time! cheer up - the snow can't last forever right? you guys are brave- bathrooms are hard hard work! good luck!

Jenn said...

I do miss CO winters, they at least get more sunny days.

Abby, I did see you were on the list and I am very excited about that. I was nervous opening it up to the whole church but it looks like all friends signed up so no big deal right?! And thanks for letting us borrow RJ to help move things around, and getting Andy's truck started, and everything else he has helped with recently.

Alisa said...

I've been frequenting your site to see if you've been putting updated photos of that wonderful bathroom! (Oh - and what a great time in Boston!)

baby
baby